Monday, January 3, 2011

The Time Traveler's Wife

Scott bought me this book for Christmas. He said he bought it because with his new job he has to be gone a lot, and thought I could relate to the wife in the book.


He has bought me lots of books in the past, most of them are really good - at least that is what it says on the back of the book.
You see, much to Scott's dismay I am not really much of a reader. Scott told me that if I didn't read this book, that it would be the last book he bought me (this was after I read it - he is not the threat making type). I am pretty sure he was beginning to wonder if I am even literate. OK, maybe I'm not that bad, I read my scriptures (not nearly as much as I need to though), and I read the paper every now and then. I read Martha Stewart Living, and Parenting, but when it comes to curling up with a blanket and a book longer that 15 cardboard pages, let's just get real, it's not on the top of my priority list and if by chance, I happen to have an extra 30 minutes to myself, I am going to shower, watch Grey's Anatomy, clean, or catch up on my blog (probably in that order).
So, in order for me to be able read a book, the stars either have to be aligned or that book better be really good.
I'm not an astronomer, so I have no idea about the stars - but I can say that this book is really good. I mean, so good that I finished it in about a week (almost unheard of).
So, thanks babe. I guess this means you can buy me another book.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I just watched that movie! It was great, sad but great!

Caroline said...

I totally agree. Who has time to read anymore? Most of the time I get started and a few minutes later I can't read anymore because I am thinking of all the things that should be a higher priority. So I put it down and go do dishes. But I was wondering about that book, since I really liked the movie. Thanks for the report. :)