Scotty went into a
big boy bed when he was about 18 months. I still can't believe how easy it was for him to transition. This week, while Scott was at work, I took down the crib, took Scotty's bed (with rails) down and put it in Jane's room and took our guest bed (no rails) down and put that in Scotty's room. I am pretty impressed with myself for all the lifting of mattresses I did, but that's another post. Jane was pretty excited about her new bed, and Scotty was excited to have Uncle Joe's bed. Since Jane was already an expert at getting in and out of Scotty's bed, I was a little nervous to see if she would stay in bed. The first night went smoothly, and she went right to sleep - could it really be that easy again? Nope. Not with our little fire cracker. The next day's nap proved to be a little harder to get her down, and since the crib was taken down for good, I broke out the pack-n-play. That seemed to do the trick. So for the next couple days, naps were in the pack-n-play and bed time was in her big bed. Then her big brother came to her rescue and showed her how to climb out of the pack-n-play and then was the end of easy.
Although it was pretty cute when she was walk out of her room, look at me and say "Hi Mom. All done." Not so fast little one!
So I did what any non-perfect mother would (and has) do. I turned her door knob so the lock was on the outside and locked her door shut. The first nap was the worst, the poor sweet girl fell asleep by the door. But it didn't take her long to realize that bed time was bed time.
She is doing wonderfully in her big girl bed now. Just like her big brother, she usually plays around the room for about 15-20 minutes before climbing back in bed and going to sleep. It's pretty cute to hear her in the monitor playing pretend. I can't believe my little girl is growing up so fast!
No comments:
Post a Comment