Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Scotty's Truck

Scotty got his first trike (or truck as he calls it) a few weeks ago, and while his feet might not reach the pedals all the way around yet, he is starting to get the hang of his new toy. We have had it inside for a few weeks till it was warm enough to play outside for extended periods of time. The first time we took it outside, Scotty happened to pass the box of helmets we have and he put one on. Now, whenever he goes to ride his truck outside, he wants to wear his helmet. I am loving the whole ingraining the safety thing before he gets too cool for it.

I'm not sure what's up with the cheesey grin in this picture, but I will take what I can get with this kid. For the longest time (and still most of the time) I couldn't get him to even look at me when the camera was out. Now I have to say "do this Scotty!" and smile myself, before he will smile for me. Considering he is Scotty's child, I shouldn't be too surprised that he doesn't like to smile in pictures!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Cute. I'm so glad he safe. For about a month last year, Connor insisted on wearing a bike helmet every time he got in the car. How do you think that made me feel as the driver?