Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Uncle Joe!

Tonight we had a combined birthday party for Joe and Scott at the local bowling alley. We had so much fun. A few people from our ward came, some old, but great friends of Scott's and mine, Scott's parents, Chris, Kassie and Jay. We bowled for a little while, ate some pizza, pop, and some super cool Harley Davidson flame cake that Joe picked out!! I'm so glad we got to celebrate with Joe. He is such a sweet boy, and an amazing uncle and brother. We are so blessed to have him in our home!

And here is one of the birthday boys... about to get his game on!!

Kassie was showing off her sweet bowling skills. I kicked our butts!
Kelly, Stephanie (at least the back of them) and their cute baby Jack. Some old friends of Scott's. Kelly and Scott have been friends since elementary school. I love hanging out with them.
The other birthday boy. My birthday present to Scott... a picture from our Borah hike.
Scott and I got Joe a PlayStation 2 and a few games. We found a sweet deal at a pawn shop, and couldn't pass it up! To be honest, Scott and I are really excited to play on it too!

Rhoud, Susan and Chris gave Joe a wallet. And Susan gave him some things to help him learn to read... I think that was the best present!!
Kassie and Joe gave Joe Batman, A Dark Knight. We watched it tonight. What a sweet movie!!
Kassie is covering Jay's mouth that is open and filled with food... thanks Kassie!
I love my sweet brother!
Scotty loved playing the video games with the wheel...
But he had even more fun when Uncle Jay joined in.
Grandpa helped out by holding Jane for me while I was running around like a chicken with my head chopped off trying to make sure everything was going smoothly... Thanks Grandpa!!
Seth, Shelby and Scott. I love it when we get to see old friends, we miss them!
Derek and Scotty have become good friends. Every Sunday after Sacrament meeting, Scotty runs over to find Derek. I love how Derek is so sweet to him; and obviously, Scotty does too!
Joe loved his cake. We didn't have candles, so we had him "blow out" the flames on the cake. He was pretty cute about the whole thing.
Derek and Shelby with Jane. They are so sweet!
Even though they aren't smiling, I love that they are both looking in the general direction of the camera!!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Well aren't you just on the blogging ball! We had so much fun! Thanks for inviting us!

Ben, Tara and Ryker said...

Hey Julie- I wanted to get back to you about the quiet book! Actually I deleted that link on accident, so it is back on our blog now. Another site a used is http://celebrating-today.blogspot.com/2009/06/how-to-make-quiet-book.html. Ryker's quiet book is still only about half done, but he really seems to like it so far. Good luck!

Shelby said...

Yeah happy birthday Joe and Scott. That was so much fun. Great pictures :) Thanks for letting me get my baby fix!