Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I Hate Grocery Shopping, But...

This morning I decided to go grocery shopping. Since starting to use coupons, I usually like to either go with out the kids, or have Scott come for back up. I guess I just got excited about using a bunch of sweet coupons I had been collecting. So, I got the kids loaded up in the car, grabbed my coupon bag, stopped by the Treet for a little diet coke reinforcement and headed to Albertsons.

What should have taken about a half hour took 2 hours, and all of my patience. But, in the end I was one happy mama. I spent $68 and saved $141, and even got Joe the pink cookies that he really wanted. I know some people can do better than that, but I was pretty happy with my novice self. Since I don't bring money into the house, I enjoy looking for ways to limit the money going out. I think the best part of the whole thing was the look on Scott's sweet face when I told him my totals. I love making him happy, and my adorable, yet cheap, husband gets very happy when I save money.

5 comments:

Heather said...

wow that is amazing! I should get more into coupon clipping :) your children are beautiful. All I had to do to find your blog was to click on your name on my blog comments, should have done that sooner :) Nice to get a glimpse in to my cousins life (Scott) see his beautiful family and get to know you better!

Joel & Alli said...

How do you find the coupons?! I find some in the sunday paper which save me like 5 bucks?? ha HELP!

Liz said...

julie... I love reading your posts. It's like I am reading your life!!! I miss you so much sometimes I could cry!...Then I read your blog and see you right in front of me! I love it. Thanks for being so bloggy!!! Love you sis. xoxox it

The Ross Family said...

I'm super impressed!! Where do you get your coupons from? I've wanted to start using coupons, but don't know where to start.

Julie Porter said...

Thanks for the applause, but it's not me! All I do is go to the pinching your pennies(go to the idaho forum) and hip2save blogs (both listed on my blog to the left) and see what deals they have listed. I shop at Albertsons b/c they seem to have some of the best coupon deals. It take patience - cutting the coupons, and luck... oh, plus I get 5 of the Sunday paper to get extra coupons. I'd be more that willing to show you guys what I do, just let me know!!