Anyway, about 2 months ago I had a great idea to get him Glenn Beck's The Christmas Sweater - anyone that knows Scott, knows he loves Glenn. I don't know if it is because of his conservatism or his "Moron Trivia" or just the way he makes fun of people on air, but Scott just thinks the guy is hilarious and smart at the same time. So I bought the book, but it came while I was in Florida and whoever the genious is that came up with the idea of putting a sticker on the package telling what is inside the package, I want to hurt. So, needless to say, Scott found out what he was getting.
Then last week, I happened to find out last minute that Glenn was actually at our local mall signing copies of his book. Even though the copy I bought for Scott was already signed, I thought it would be fun for Scott to meet the guy. So I surprised Scott with a middle of the week date of Red Lobster (which was mainly for me b/c I had been craving those cheesey biscuits) and a wait in line. I wish we could have talked to Glenn a little more, but there were about 800 people ( not exagerating - I didn't know that many people in Poky listened to him) in line and he only had an hour to sign. Anyway, we had a great time and Scott was surprised.
I don't know which one surprised him more, seeing Glenn Beck or me actually keeping the secret. 
While we were waiting for the line to shorten, I took Scotty over to the play area to watch and "play" with the other kids. He was so cute, but I was super paranoid that the other kids were playing too rough - I just don't think I'm ready for Scotty to be a toddler and not my little "baby" anymore.













1 comment:
LUCKY!!! I really wanted to go see Glenn but I had something else...well yall have fun
Post a Comment