Being up at the Porter Ranch yesterday, having lunch, telling stories, being with family, it was a sweet reminder of how blessed I am to have married into the family that I did. In this crazy world of crazy people, to find someone that you love more than words could adequately express, is a miracle in itself. The chances of that miracle of a man having a normal - for the most part - family, is unheard of. All I can say, is that I got pretty darn lucky. I love my in-laws - for the most part ♥.

To me, being a part of the Porter family means being a part of a legacy. A legacy of working hard. A legacy of testimony. A legacy of love. A legacy of faith. A legacy of laughter. But most of all, a legacy of family. Both Rhoud and Susan have taught me so much in my few years of being a part of their family. I have learned to garden and can food through their example. I have learned more about cows than I ever thought I would know (just FYI - when you are milking a cow, make sure to wipe the poop off first!!). I have learned what it means to stand by someone, when absolutely no one else on earth will, when they need you the most, even if they don't know how much they need you. I have learned why it is so important to have dinner, together, as a family, and I have seen the blessing that have come from doing that through the years. I have learned the importance of communication between husband and wife. Most of all though, I have learned that love, huge amounts of Christ-like love, is needed in family. I am so blessed to be a part of this family, and am grateful that my sweet babies are a part of this beautiful legacy of family.
OK, now if my tears would dry up a bit, I could write about our awesome day....
Driving up the old road... a manure spreader that broke loose from the horse, it stopped there and hasn't moved since.
This used to be a car that Rhoud and his siblings would play in, pretending to be driving places.
Susan said Sound of Music, Steve said Young Guns.
Sure do love these two!!
Janey sharing a mallow.
Steve's best cowboy look.
Scott running after the kids... again.
The kids playing in the coral...
After falling down for the 3,000th time, Jane just decided to hang out down there. Unfortunately, she was in a pile of bristles.
Us girls, but something is missing...
we miss you Jen!
And the best part, the house...
The babies looking out the living room window.
Scotty and Jane looking out Grandpa's bedroom window.
The highlight of the day came after lunch, when Rhoud walked us around his old house and told everyone stories of growing up.
Scotty listening to Grandpa's stories.
These kids sure do love their grandpa!!
One of the best parts to a great day... a quiet drive home. The sun was in Scotty's eyes...
And now, what you've all been waiting for, in his blog video debut, it's Grandpa Porter!!!
















1 comment:
I sure love your in-laws too! You have a fantastic family and I have been very blessed by their gennerosity too! Great to hear how wonderful life is for you guys!
Post a Comment